88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh, EH3 9BZ
Box Office: 0131 228 2688
"The Africa in Motion film festival
is a brilliant addition to Edinburgh's annual programme of festivals. Too often the common perception
of Africa is a continent plagued by poverty and disease. It does face many, many challenges, but
it also has wonderfully rich and diverse cultures, and I'm particularly pleased that Scotland
provides this great showcase for African filmmakers."
Rt Hon Jack McConnell MSP, First Minister of Scotland (2001 - 2007)
"Live Aid was an entertainment format that was used to highlight the humanitarian issues
in Africa through music. Now, through Africa in Motion some great African filmmakers are being
given a long overdue opportunity to screen their work and tell their own through-provoking stories about
"I am delighted that Edinburgh is home to Africa in Motion,
the UK's biggest African film festival. This year's programme
features films from nations all over the continent, and premieres
for Scottish and UK audiences. As well as showcasing acclaimed
African directors and supporting new filmmakers, Africa in Motion
includes a whole range of events letting us all experience and
celebrate African culture in all its varieties. That’s how we can
build friendships across the world and reach mutual understanding and
acceptance with other peoples."
Linda Fabiani MSP, Minister for Europe, External Affairs and Culture
|I Love You, Winner of the AiM08 Short Film Competition
Thanks to all our audiences, partners and supporters for making Africa in Motion 2008 such a great success!
Please check out this space for news about AiM 2009 - coming soon!
Africa in Motion On Tour
AiM 2008 is touring to a number of cities from November to December. Please go to the venues'
websites for details about films and dates.
- Bristol, Watershed, Box Office: 0117 927 5100
(as part of Afrika Eye Film Festival)
- Cambridge, Arts Picturehouse, Box Office: 0871 704 2050
(as part of Cambridge African Film Festival)
- Cardiff, Chapter Cinema, Box Office: 029 2030 4400
- Derby, QUAD, Box Office: 01332 290 606
- Dundee, Dundee Contemporary Arst, Box Office: 01382 909 900
- Glasgow, Gilmorehill G12, Box Office: 0141 330 5522 (as part of an AiM Lusophone Special - a series of films from lusophone African countries, 31 Oct to 2 Nov,
in collaboration with the School of Modern Languages and Cultures (Hispanic Studies),
University of Glasgow, and the
Instituto Camoes Portugal)
- Glasgow, Glasgow Film Theatre, Box Office: 0141 332 6535
- Inverness, Eden Court Theatre, Box Office: 01463 234 234
- Manchester, Cornerhouse, Box Office: 0161 200 1500
- Newcastle, Star & Shadow Cinema, Box Office: 0191 261 0066
- Sheffield, Showroom, Box Office: 0114 275 7727
- Stirling, MacRobert Arts Centre, Box Office: 01786 466 666
Africa in Motion 2007
Africa in Motion 2006